Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hopefully you'll unfriend me now

What's with the cryptic title? is what I'm sure at least one of the people who've been forced to view my blog post (probably through facebook, ironically) is thinking. Well, I've been seeing some people's blog posts, in facebook. Now I understand people want to get more exposure for themselves - but I also don't care about other people's blogs. Especially the self-righteous academic kinds, of which I've seen too many. The absolute last thing I want to do is read about yours when I'm just checking facebook, which for the record is a dumb utility and I only use it because my friends have bought into it so much that I'm literally forced to.

Well, guess what people? You crossed the line into my private spaces, you raised my ire - now you have to deal with the same thing showing up on your screen. Now it's your news feed clogged with a stupid blog post. How about that, huh? You're not the only one who knows how to import dumb posts from your blog. I can do it too. And I can bet I'm going to get just as many people clicking on my Super-Amazing Terrific Blog as your haughty, clever, academic BS blog. Now that this blogger's figured out how to spam your facebook with assignments for his HIST-332 class, there will be no stopping me from effortlessly annoying you while you peruse your mindless feeds, checking to see who's broken up with whom and if your room mate still desperately misses her goldfish. If I were you, I'd take some corrective action. I think you know what I mean.

No comments: